Aaron’s blog

Well it took me about 5 days to get it all together and test it, but finally the Advanced Book Block Module is finished!

This module went much more quickly than the Advanced Taxonomy Blocks module due to the fact that I had already worked out the kinks in the JQuery Menu Api by the time I started. Also I lost less time on stupid bugs since I knew what to expect.

After spending the last week and a half coding like a mad man and testing the thing to make sure there were no glaring bugs I am finally releasing the Advanced Taxonomy Blocks module. This module took a lot more time and effort than I had expected due to the fact that the Drupal api doesn’t provide a taxonomy tree array that gives all of the necessary information in order to integrate with the JQuery menu module and also due to the fact that I had to rewrite a couple of functions in the JQuery menu module in order to get it to open up for other modules to use.

Soon after building the Jquery menu module I started thinking of how to integrate it with other modules which provide hierarchical data such as the taxonomy module and the book module. Last Friday the itch finally got to be too much and on a whim I sat down and started writing a module for producing a Jquery menu interface for browsing through taxonomy terms.

Corporations usually choose image over truth, Adobe isn’t an exception in my book. In March of 2008 Adobe proudly (more like shamelessly) announced that they have joined the Linux foundation and intend to help in collaborating in the development of new web 2.0 technologies. All this with an emphasis on their support for open source.